Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Long Overdue Update...

Well first let me start off by saying I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I ended up working a double on Christmas, until 10pm on New Year's Eve and back in at 7am on New Year's Day. Mom and Bill got me a Wii and I've been spending way too many hours playing Animal Crossing. Didn't get the Cricut like I wanted but Mom reminded me that my birthday is right around the corner.


The Spring semester started on Monday and I've been trying to accustom myself to getting back into the swing of things seeing as I've been out of school for twelve years. Here I go giving away my age! I'm taking Math, English, two Psychology classes and Spanish. Yo estoy muy desconcertado.

I've started a new shop called Strange Candy. I want to keep IssueGirl more cards and jewelry and throw all of my other little creations into the other. I have a lot of funky items I need to upload but my homework load has prevented me from doing so. Here are a few samples of what will be up for grabs on Etsy.

Michael's is getting some amazing card stock in. I drove up to Paducah last week and found a Poppy themed pack that I picked up. I've made the cards but again, no time to take photos. I'm not working on Sunday so hopefully I'll be able to get it done then.


Valentine's and St. Patty's is right around the corner so keep you eyes out for themed items. Currently I have two Valentine photo frames and a cute little scrapbook. Wednesday night I made a St. Patty's Day shamrock photo frame and a lot of jewelry. They'll all be posted soon. I promise.


Swap-bot is growing on me and I've been signing up for swaps left and right. I even created a cozy mittens/gloves swap today. With the temperatures in the negatives and single digits I figured it would be a great idea. Here's a list of the swaps I'm currently signed up for.


I feel like I'm leaving something out and I probably am. Of course! The January Giveaway! This month, the giveaway will be for a set of 2 Valentines Fridge Flair magnets! I will make this a new post with all of the details.


I hope everyone is doing well and finds lots of new stuff to check out!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

you are so crafty! I added your blog to my reader so that I can see more of your amazing work :)

Glue Girl said...

What cool stuff! I visited both your blogs, and I LOOOOVED the nest necklace you had a picture of. I am going to leave feedback for you, so would appreciate if you would do the same so I can junk this newbie rating. Take a peek at my blog to see what I've been up to. My creations differ from yours, but I like your taste, too! P.S. I went to college at age 34. I think your professors always appreciate the non-traditional students more b/c you're there b/c you want to be as opposed to those students whose parents are paying for them or are there just b/c they're expected to be there! (Hugs to you for working so hard)

Glue Girl said...

Forgot my blog link! www.lilspotteddog@blogspot.com
Etsy, Lil Spotted Dog